The expert plumbers here at GR Sewer + Drain want you to know that hydro-jetting is an efficient, fast, and affordable way to clear your drain and sewer lines of any types of obstructions. However, just like with any other plumbing service, hydro-jetting is not without its pros and cons. In this post, we’ll talk about exactly what hydro-jetting is, what its for, and the pros and cons of the service.
What is Hydro-Jetting (High Pressure Water Jetting)?
Hydro-jetting (AKA high pressure water jetting) is a method of clearing drains and sewer lines of clogs and obstructions using highly-pressurized water jets. It is efficient, effective, and environmentally friendly.
To get a better understanding of what hydro-jetting is, let’s compare it to the pressure washers that you can rent/purchase at your local hardware store. Both tools use pressurized water to clear and clean messes. However, the primary difference between thee two tools is that hydro-jetting machines utilize water that is under much, much more pressure than a common pressure washer. Since water doesn’t easily compress, that added pressure translates directly into greater cleaning power!
What are the Pros of Hydro-Jetting Services?
The pros of hydro-jetting include:
- Hydro-jetting clears stubborn clogs with just water
- It can also cut through tree roots that have invaded your sewer line
- Hydro-jetting can be done to both commercial and residential drain lines
- Hydro-jetting is environmentally safe and green
- High pressure water jetting services will clear the entire drain line rather than just a small section of it (rooter services will only clear an opening as large as the diameter of the rooter augur)
What are the Cons of Hydro-Jetting Services?
The cons of hydro-jetting include:
- Hydro-jetting can be too much for older and weaker pipelines to handle
- It can’t help clear drain lines that have been obstructed by serious damage like a bellied line
- Hydro-jetting can be less effective at removing extra serious drain obstructions than rooter or auger drain cleaning services
Contact Us for Reliable Hydro-Jetting Services Today!
Well, there you have it; the pros and cons of high pressure water jetting (hydro-jetting) services. If you would like to learn more about hydro-jetting, or if you’d just like to schedule a drain line inspection to see if you could benefit from the service, then please do not hesitate to contact the plumbing professionals here at GR Sewer + Drain We’re always standing by to help you with any and all your drainage problems!